10 Warning Signs of Caregiver Stress
Warning signs of caregiver stress:
- Denial about the disease and its affect on the person who's been
diagnosed, I know mom's going to get better.
- Anger at the person with Alzheimer's or others: that no affective
treatment or cures currently exists, and that people don't understand what's
going on. If he asks me that question one more time I'll scream!
- Social withdrawal from friends and activities that once brought
pleasure. I don't care about getting together with the neighbors
- Anxiety about facing another day and what the future holds. What
happens when he needs more care than I can provide?
- Depression begins to break your spirit and affects your ability to
cope. I don't care anymore.
- Exhaustion makes it nearly impossible to complete necessary Daily
tasks. I'm too tired for this.
- Sleeplessness caused by a never-ending list of concerns. What
if she wanders out of the house or falls and hurt herself?
- Irritability leads to moodiness and triggers negative responses and
reactions. Leave me alone!
- Lack of concentration makes it difficult to perform familiar tasks.
I was so busy, I forgot we had an appointment.
- Health problems begins to take their toll, both mentally and
physically. I can't remember the last time I felt good.